Design & Selection – The key is follow Install Details. Vent Tape Not Required.
- Seal between Cap and poly. panel doesn’t look weather tight. Cap provides excellent seal, even on a 1/12 (5%) pitch. Glass and acrylic are hard materials, requiring a gasket type seal on the glazing system cap. Polycarbonate is a resilient, when the Cap snugly installed, pressure of legs of Cap causes the polycarb to give slightly, creating a watertight seal.
- I do not see vent tape in your drawings? Vent tape is typically used in U-Profiles of plastic that, not only yellow, but also fit loosely. Our U-Profiles fit tight, Vent Tape Not Required.
- Where do I use silicone? Each detail will indicate use of silicone, if required. The key is follow Install Details.
- How do I determine quantity of silicone required? One tube of silicone will produce 25 linear feet of 1/4″ x 1/4″ silicone bead. We sell plastic compatible, 100% silicone.
- My existing rafter framing is 4 ft. on-center, but the sheet is 4 ft. I would like to use your Base & Cap System. What do you suggest? Cut sheet to 47″ wide. .
- Where is Aluminum Tape used? See Base & Cap Install Details. The key is follow Install Details.
- I am building a sunroom or greenhouse and would like polycarb and the Base & Cap System on the roof and glass on the vertical walls. We recommend filling wall openings with windows and patio doors. Fill in above gable end windows or doors with polycarb.
- Please suggest touch up paint? For bronze we suggest Rust-Oleum, Bright Coat, Metallic Finish – Dark Bronze #7713.
Installation, See Base & Cap, The key is follow Install Details.